Home About Me Contact Me Homework Image Map

Friday, March 16, 2018

Week of April 2nd

I hope everyone enjoys the 2 week vacation!  The students had so much fun doing the Piggy Opera for you and I am so proud of how well they did!  Thank you for coming!  We had a great week trying to catch the leprechaun in our classroom.  The kids made some great traps and I loved seeing their creativity.  I hope you had fun helping them.  
Just a couple of things I'd like to ask your help with before the vacation begins.
1.  I am in need of white Xerox paper.  As teachers, we only get a set number of copies per year.  Because I make so many paper books for the kiddos, I usually run out of copies.  Soooo, I'm out of copies.  If you are out and about over the vacation and can donate a ream or 2 of white xerox paper, I would greatly appreciate it!

2.  I am planning a fun activity for the kids on April 6th (the Friday we return).  We will be making "Peep Houses" to celebrate Spring.  I have a list of things we need to collect for the peep houses and I will send out a Remind text to share with you the specifics that we will need.  It is easiest to get these items BEFORE Easter (then they remove them from the shelves and bring in the next holiday).  If you want to get a jump on the items needs, I will be asking for "Spring" colored candies such as M&Ms, jelly beans, candy coated eggs, etc, 2 bags of shredded coconut, various colored Marshmallow Peeps.  

3.  2 weeks can be a long time for the kiddos to be out of routine.  Be sure you are consistent with reading or your child may regress.  Be sure to be consistent with sight words.  Students who are not progressing on sight word lists may not meet the kindergarten reading goal or be prepared for first grade.  

Thanks for all your support and I hope you enjoy the time off.  


This week:

Sight Words: she, over, her
Theme: butterflies
Language Arts:  Visualizing
Math:  Subtraction
Writing: Writing Opinions
Phonics: Ww
Brisket:  I will choose on Monday

Important Dates:
March 19-30:  Spring Break
April 4:  Minimum day
April 6:  Celebrate Spring/Peep Houses
April 18: Minimum Day


Sight Words:
Words we've been working on in class:
good
ate
could
said
was
then
play
say
new
for
make
give
them
they
up
go
here
soon
be
that
who
will
into
your
this
came
on
find
from
but
how
where
many
is
of
so
are
now
with
my
a
to 
the
and
can
I
see
like
come
me
you
what
Please put these in flashcards and practice them if your child can not read these words. Thank you for your support. 


Guided Reading Folders:
Everyone did a great job bringing their folders back and forth this week.  We will continue with this routine.  .   THESE BOOKS ARE NOT TO BE PLACED IN YOUR CHILD'S BOOK BOX AT HOME.  THEY BELONG TO MYSELF OR CRAM.  PLEASE RETURN THEM IN THE GUIDED READING FOLDER THE FOLLOWING DAY. Please understand that if your child does not return the folder with the book, I will not be sending a new book until it is returned.  I understand that sometimes books can get lost.  Books belonging to Cram will cost $10 if lost or damaged.  Please help your child be responsible and return the books daily.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment